Congratulations! You’re ready to take the next step and deepen your panel moderation skills.
You can buy the guidebook, Powerful Panels: A Step-By-Step Guide to Moderating a Lively & Informative Panel Discussion at Meetings, Conferences and Conventions. Drawn from her extensive experience as a nationally recognized speaker, master facilitator and panel moderator, Kristin Arnold provides a step-by-step approach to help you moderate a lively and informative panel discussion.
With this user-friendly guide, you will learn five steps to successfully moderate a panel discussion like a pro, including:
- The moderator’s role and responsibilities
- Various panel formats
- How to clarify the starting conditions
- How to select, invite and confirm interesting panelists
- How to prepare to moderate the panel – including how to research the topic, the panelists and the audience, write the welcome, curate the questions you will ask, decide the audience Q&A format, determine the logistics, assemble the slideshow and promote the session.
- How to moderate the panel, including things to do just before the session starts, how to open the session, get the conversation started, keep the conversation moving briskly, intervene firmly and respectfully.
- How to facilitate the audience Q&A
- How to conclude the session
- How to follow up once the session is over!
You can access the Powerful Panels Knowledge Vault. The Powerful Panels Knowledge Vault is a compilation of best practices of some of the most successful panel moderators. This virtual vault is chock-full of customizable checklists, worksheets, templates, agendas, sample emails, video interviews and webinars with industry icons and professional moderators, industry reports on the effectiveness of panels…and more!
It’s a one-stop-shop – one place to find anything you need to know about moderating panels.
With the Powerful Panels Knowledge Vault, you’ll have immediate access in perpetuity to:
- Various traditional and specialty panel formats
- Customizable agendas and reminder cards to give to your panelists
- “How to” best practices from expert professional panel moderators
- Customizable checklists, templates and examples that will shave hours off your preparation
- Video and audio interviews and webinars with expert moderators, savvy meeting producers and meeting industry icons.
- PLUS! This collection includes the Powerful Panels eGuideBook.