Panel Discussion Technique: Question Behind the QuestionMarch 29, 2018
Hot Seat Question Panel Discussion FormatApril 9, 2018
I recently noticed a tweet
that said, “If there is a hell, it would be a panel discussion.”
Oh yeah. That would be the panel discussion that sent me on this crusade to make ALL panel discussions lively and informative.
Would you like me to describe a hellish panel discussion?
- The day started with two back-to-back panels.
- The stage was lighted, but the audience was in the dark.
- The room was freezing and never warmed up – even with 200 people in the room.
- The moderator was a pedantic editor of a magazine. Not a great interviewer and certainly didn’t know how to strike up a conversation between the panelists.
- The questions posed to the panelists were not interesting nor provocative
- I think they had the questions ahead of time, so there weren’t any surprises…..or energy.
- There was no audience Q&A.
- The most exciting thing that happened was when the ONE woman on the panel (who was wearing a rather short skirt) crossed her legs.
What’s your definition of hell?