Welcome to the first blog posting for this website dedicated to increasing the effectiveness of the panel discussion at meetings, conferences and conventions.
I’m a high stakes meeting facilitator and professional panel moderator. I’ve been facilitating teams of executives and managers in making better decisions and achieving greater results for over 20 years. One of my favorite formats for helping executives, experts and practitioners share their ideas with others is the panel discussion at meetings, conferences and conventions.
Unfortunately, in a recent survey I am currently conducting, the preliminary data shows that over 50% of the executives and meeting professionals said that the panel format was merely “okay” – and that’s just not acceptable. You certainly don’t want to be in the bottom half – you want to moderate one of those panels that just knocks it out of the park!
So why can’t ALL panels simply be amazing? In my experience, most non-professional moderators simply wing it. After all, how hard can it be to ask a few people some questions and then do audience Q&A?
Truth be told, it’s not hard, once you know what to do and what not to do. That’s why I developed this website to elevate the perception and practice of the panel discussion. In this website, you’ll find:
- This blog which will be running commentary on the panels as a practice
- A FREE (and who doesn’t like FREE?) 7-part video e-course full of tips and techniques that professional moderators rely on. These short training videos will take you through, step by step, to moderating a lively and engaging panel discussion at any meeting, conference or convention. And, with your course registration, you’ll receive several bonus templates and checklists.
- A link to join the conversation in our Powerful Panels group on LinkedIn.
- A step-by-step guidebook to moderating lively and informative panel discussions at meetings, conferences and conventions.
- Access to a membership website – a compilation of best practices of some of the most successful professional panel moderators. It’s chock-full of customizable checklists, worksheets, templates, scripts, specialty format agendas, sample emails, PowerPoint templates, video examples of of the good, the bad and the ugly, video interviews with industry icons and professional moderators, recorded webinars and slideshows, industry reports on the effectiveness of panels…and more!
- Opportunity to hire me as a coach for your panel moderators or to have me moderate your panel discussion.
I hope you join me in my crusade to make all panel discussions powerful and extraordinary – so stay tuned for more!
Kristin Arnold, professional panel moderator and high stakes meeting facilitator, shares her best practices for interactive, interesting, and engaging panel presentations. For more resources like this, or to have Kristin moderate your next panel visit the Powerful Panels official website.