Facilitating a panel discussion is not easy.
You must master the art of multi-tasking by:
- Deeply listening to the current discussion
- Thinking about the overall planned discussion
- Watching the time, noting how long the current discussion has gone on
- Balancing the participation of the panelists
- Watching the reactions of the audience to the discussion
- Deciding where to take the conversation next
- Thinking about the key points to summarize
- Keeping the needs of the audience ALWAYS at the forefront!
And most importantly, you have to be interested in what the panelists are actually saying. I’d say you have your hands full when moderating a panel discussion!
Kristin Arnold, professional panel moderator and high-stakes meeting facilitator, shares her best practices for interactive, interesting, and engaging panel presentations. For more resources like this, or to have Kristin moderate your next panel visit the Powerful Panels official website.